NIFLA will support its members by continuing to work toward protecting pregnancy centers—as well as their staff, families and patients—from health concerns brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.
Our mission to equip pregnancy centers and empower the choice of life has not changed as we all face the dangers of COVID-19.
- Click here to view NIFLA’s most recent media statement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you have recently registered for any NIFLA training, please visit our registration page as some dates may have changed.
- For updates to NIFLA’s 2020 Leadership Summit, click here.
NIFLA is Providing Pregnancy Centers with Critical Support
NIFLA is helping to equip these critical community resources with updated policies and procedures based on COVID-19 CDC recommendations.
- NIFLA’s legal and medical team recently reviewed highlights of a presentation entitled “Facing the Coronavirus Pandemic Without Fear.”
NIFLA member centers revealed that while there was a general decrease in onsite patient visits, there has been an increase in requests for supplies and information.
Facing COVID-19 While Fighting for Life
A recent Fox News article highlights some of the great work pro-life pregnancy centers are doing in communities across America. This story covers several cases in which these dedicated nonprofits have partnered with local health organizations during the pandemic to provide life-saving medical care, support and resources to mothers in need.
In a Townhall piece, NIFLA President Thomas Glessner describes how pregnancy centers are working together to save lives while facing COVID-19.
This World Magazine article outlines how NIFLA’s pregnancy centers are adapting allowing them to continue to serve during the pandemic.
Help NIFLA Equip Pregnancy Centers During This Crisis
Your ongoing assistance helps us provide the updated tools, policies, procedures and resources these life-affirming centers need to continue saving lives in their communities.
Plus, here is some great news! Thanks to the Coronavirus Stimulus Package that was just signed into law by President Trump:
- Smaller gifts, up to $300, are now 100% deductible. Previously, only those who itemize were able to use a charitable deduction. But now, you can deduct up to $300, even if you don’t itemize your deductions.
- Larger gift deductions are raised up to 100%. Until this bill, individuals could deduct up to 60% of their adjusted gross income (AGI) for a charitable deduction. Now, however, individuals can deduct it up to 100% of their AGI during 2020. This is helpful for individuals making major gift donations and could eliminate the tax burden for these charitable gifts. Also, any gifts in excess of total AGI may be carried forward for up to five additional years.
- Corporations have even greater incentives to make charitable gifts. We know many of our business owner friends face challenges. If you own a business that is doing well, please know that business giving is usually limited to 10% of taxable income for your corporation. That limit has been increased to 25% of taxable income.
If you are able, please take advantage of these incentives and consider a donation to NIFLA now by going to our donate page. Thank you for your ongoing support.